Our company offers home inspection consulting services performed by a professional engineer who is an OAHI Registered Home Inspector.
The inspection is a visual examination of the home's
structure and systems, carried out to the comprehensive OAHI Standards
of Practice, and includes:
- air conditioning
- insulation and ventilation
The inspection takes about 3 to 5 hours depending on the age and condition of the building.
Clients are strongly encouraged to participate in the inspection process, and to ask questions and discuss any concerns.
A straightforward written report is provided to the client, giving an objective assessment of how the home is performing, along with recommendations and practical solutions to identified concerns.
The report package consists of a comprehensive report binder, a summary of the major issues, and a DVD of all the pictures taken during the inspection.
- Buyers better understand the strengths and weaknesses of the home, and are able to make an informed purchase decision.
- Sellers who obtain a pre-listing inspection can make repairs, or adjustments to their asking price, and are better prepared for the rigors of the sale process.
- Homeowners, with an unbiased inspection report in hand, can recognize and deal with maintenance issues and major repairs/improvements.
Our normal coverage area includes Kincardine, Port Elgin, Southampton, Owen Sound, Shelburne, Orangeville, and places in between.
Available 7 days per week, normally on a few days notice.
- $400 + HST for most homes in the area
- $500 +HST for century homes
$600 +HST for small commercial buildings
Please contact with your inspection needs.
John Kokkonen, P.Eng., RHI
Kokkonen Home Inspections Ltd.